Monday 13 May 2013

Printerpix vs Printed

Ever wanted to print your instagram pictures?

I often feel that pictures should be looked at in person at your time not on a screen that can be different depending on what screen you use, graphics card, screen brightness etc. With working on my gallery wall and so many pictures taken last year from Japan and my time with my vdb love, I decided to look up printing my instagram.

I had deleted some pictures from my phone, so the only way was to use a site that could connect to my instagram account. I didn't want stickers or a poster. I'm looking for a small 4x4 that I could turn into a multi window frame, or just a small jem to hang.

Originally I opted with printerpix.co.uk 5x4 prints are 14p a pic. I ordered about 26, they charged £2.99 for postage. Total £7.55 arrived over a week later.

The paper was thin & print glossy finish. I would have kept them if it wasn't so dark compared to the original. 

So I contacted them to see what they could do. Had to send them pictures of what they sent me and explain what was wrong before they asked me to send back the batch to their free post address and tell them what outcome I would like. By this point I just felt like they didn't care about the quality of prints and asked for a refund.

Printed.com is £8 for 18 prints, free delivery, total £9.60 inc vat. (For some reason both sites advertise mins vat)

The paper is thick like card, but I am dubious on the "silk" finish, and smaller then printerpix. The important part is the print is closer to the original photo. So keeping them.

If printerpix had done some kind of quality control before sending them to me I would have been happy. As machine toners can differ or not set up right. I even had to email them a week after sending, to see if they had received the returned prints. Not to say printed is perfect as both companies look like they manually cut out the paper since the prints don't seems straight. Both qualities looking nothing like they advertised on line.

Just happy I have a print of the fab pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment