Thursday 14 March 2013

DIY Picture Frames : Ordering made to measure photo frames on line

I sat here thinking I still have to write about Japan. But then I have also been spending a lot of money on line. So what is it that I have been spending it on and can I blog about it? was it clothes? Apart from a pair of jeggings from River Island, I have been spending most of my money, time, and effort on some interior decorating and photo revivals.

I studied photography and professional broadcasting, I also used to model in my teens. So you can imagine the amount of photographs I take and have lying around. I have a blank wall in my bedroom that I decided to turn into some sort of gallery, and found a pic that I took with my manual 35mm Canon AE1 SLR. 

 

This is a pic of my cousins 1st born, Clarke, and the 1st time I met him and fell in love. He is now a teenager, and this pic just reminds me how kids are, shy but also curious. In my photography classes I managed to dig up the negative and process it in the dark room myself. Bonus points on the DIY front. So I knew this was definitely going up on my wall.

After extensive digging and laziness to go to a shop and have it framed. I found a website that you can just enter in the measurements, choose a frame, mount? no mount? double mount? colour? and bobs your uncle, in less then a week you get a delivery! 

 

There are only 2 hard parts in creating this master piece..

1. Trying to imagine what the out come will look like.

So there I was with a ruler imagining widths and frames. But you can up load your picture so you can see what it will look like on the website. Which helps a bit. But as with any Internet shopping you never can see the quality of the material and the finish as well as in real life.

2. When you don't know how to put up a photo frame and all you have is screws and some hooks that are NOT attached to the frame. You do sit there as I did with a question mark on your head "eh?" wondering how to put this thing up. I had to look it up and here are the pics to show you what it should look like.


Screw in the tabs on the side of the frame about less then 1/3 of the frame hight and lace in the rope.

The website I used was www.ezeframe.co.uk. The great thing about them apart from the choices was also the communication. You get an email to confirm your order, when its ready to be dispatched, then the delivery company emails you saying its been sent and a tracking number. I made my order sat night and received it Thursday! Seriously no fuss no worry. Only worry you would have is did you put in the right measurements and pick the right frame?

The start of my gallery wall....

No comments:

Post a Comment