Saturday 10 May 2014

Organic Make Up

Burt's Bees - lip balm


I was researching organic skin care for babies when I came across this little fun "lip shade finder" questioner..

"What is your eye colour?"
"What is your hair colour?"
"Do you look better in gold or silver?"


As I was going to try out the nappy cream for my daughter I thought to treat myself as well. I bought the lip shimmer in fig.


It's slimmer then an average lip balm stick. It's smooth, gives my lips a slight minty tingle (not taste) and doesn't feel like it sits on top of my lips like a sticky residue. The colour they picked for me is actually nice a slight stain makes me think of autumn or that natural Bobbie Brown look.


Why not see what your natural bee colour is.


Neal's Yard Remedies - Mascara


I saw this featured in Stylist magazine as it was co created by them. When it comes to mascara I look for one that makes my lashes longer rather then fuller, and this one is said to be "the ultimate chemical-free lengthening mascara"


They talked about the wand, the wiper 

"as you pull the wand out you can actually hear it remove excess formula"

the ingredients and, the formula 

"uses a finely milled bamboo-derived silica to thicken the mascara, making it quick-drying and smug-resistant but not flaky"

It doesn't make a big difference on 1st try. It is soft, natural feeling and drys quickly. Apparently it should lengthen my lashes up to 85% and you should see a difference in 2 weeks. Watch this space.

It was advertised as being available in November, but its actually available now.

www.nealsyardremedies.com


bronzing powder, mascara and burt's bees xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment